#RaspberryPi3 – Price, Spec, Benchmark and more.
The RaspberryPi 3 Model B board becomes the new top-of-the-line Pi, with a 64bit 1.2GHz quad-core chipset and 1GB RAM it’s being slated to offer a 50 per cent power bump over the Pi 2. But is still priced at just $35 — the original Model B Pi price-tag, four years on from its debut.
The Raspberry Pi 2 (left) and the Raspberry Pi 3 (right). Physically, there are very few differences.
Pi 3 is the built-in WiFi and Bluetooth, but it doesn’t stop there. Here more specs for the Pi 3:
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2837 (roughly 50% faster than the Pi 2)
- CPU: 1.2 GHZ quad-core ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv8 Instruction Set)
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV @ 400 MHz
- Memory: 1 GB LPDDR2-900 SDRAM
- USB ports: 4
- Network: 10/100 MBPS Ethernet, 802.11n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.0
Rapberrypi.org Official release notes: