#ESP32 – Next gen #ESP8266 from #Espressif
The ESP32 has many improvement. Appart from WiFi support, it also includes a Bluetooth 4.2 radio. The CPU is similar to the ESP8266 – it’s a 32-bit Xtensa® LX6, but the ESP32 has two cores! There’s also 128KB of ROM and 416KB SRAM, but Flash memory (for program and data storage) is still left up to an external chip (up to 64MB).
There are 36 GPIO pins, which can be assigned to all sorts of peripheral duties, including:
- Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) – Up to 16 channels of 12-bit SAR ADC’s.
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) – Two 8-bit DAC’s to produce true analog voltages
- Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) – Up to 16 channels of PWM-capable pins for dimming LEDs or controlling motors
- Touch Sensor – 10 GPIOs feature capacitive sensing; make a 10-key buttonpad
- 2 x UART (With IrDA support)
- 2 x I2C
- 4 x SPI
- 2 x I2S
More details can be found on