#CamBam #CAM Software for #CNC
CamBam is an application to create CAM files (gcode) from CAD source files or its own internal geometry editor. CamBam has many users worldwide, from CNC hobbyists to professional machinists and engineers.
- CamBam currently supports the following:
- Reading from and writing to 2D DXF files.
- 2.5D profiling machine operations with auto-tab support
- 2.5D pocketing operations with auto island detection
- Drilling (Normal,Peck,Spiral Milling and Custom Scripts)
- True Type Font (TTF) text manipulation and outline (glyph) extraction.
- Conversion of bitmaps to heightmaps
- 3D geometry import from STL, 3DS and RAW files
- 3D waterline and scanline machining operations
- Extendable through user written plugins and scripts
Shareware: CamBam will work 40 free and fully functional evaluation sessions. After this time CamBam will still produce around 500 lines of gcode so you can continue to evaluate and run small jobs.
Link to Site: CamBam CNC Software.